In 1926, God gave a vision to some believers in this community to begin an outreach to our neighborhood. A community church began at that time and served to have an impact in succeeding years. This outreach included worship services, Sunday School, Release Time Clubs, and other varied ministries to touch the lives of our neighbors. Men and women being obedient to God's leading served as He led them.
In 1960 God gave a vision to members of this church to establish a Christian Academy as part of the greater vision of Ross Corners Baptist Church. In every case, God gave these visions to people who had a heart to serve God.
Acts 5:38-39 says Gamaliel warned the leaders of his time who would have fought against the early believers "...Refrain from these men, and let them alone; for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: But if it be of God ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God." Throughout hard and discouraging times, as well as, bright, hopeful and encouraging times, the work at RCBC has grown and thrived as evidence that God has been in it. God has reached beyond our little community to the world by sending many of our congregation to serve far and near.
Our church was organized in 1926 as Ross Corners Community Church, with six charter members paying the pastor a salary of $5.00 a week. The meeting place was the schoolhouse on Old Owego Road, the present site of the Ross Corners Fire Department.
In 1928, a deed to the property on Arlington Avenue and the corner of Old Owego Road was given to the church. In 1934, the church building was dedicated. In 1950, under the direction of Pastor John McGonnell, it was incorporated as a Baptist Church. The building was enlarged in 1951 and again in 1954. Beginning in 1953, a one hour broadcast of the morning service was heard on WNBF. In 1956, a two story building was added to the north side of the church to provide additional Sunday School rooms and to provide classrooms for the Christian Academy.
The Christian Elementary School opened its doors in September, 1960 to fifty-five pupils, from kindergarten to grade four. Also in 1960 approximately 8 acres of land was purchased at the corner of Old Owego Road and Ross Hill Road. In 1961, preschool, as well as, grades five and six were added, and plans were made to add one more grade each year through the twelfth grade. In 1965, a ground breaking ceremony was held for the building of the gymnasium. It was completed in September 1966.
On March 21, 1976, a ground breaking was held for the church building at its present location. Construction began on March 5, 1976, and the building was formally dedicated on January 2, 1977.